Armed fugitive set to avoid more prison time for 2023 Mission mayhem that left three in hospital

An armed fugitive whose reckless driving wrecked two cars and hospitalized three people was told today that he will stay out of prison if he can stay trouble-free for another six months.
Roger Isaac Dominguez was on the lam at the time of his escapade along San Francisco’s Mission Street just before 8am on January 5 2023.
SFPD officers had seen a green Honda Civic being driven unsafely and endeavored to conduct a traffic stop. But the car did not stop and instead sped off out of sight of the police.
Shortly afterwards officers were flagged down by onlookers who reported that the Honda had crashed into another car and that the driver – Dominguez – had fled on foot.
After being caught he was found with a loaded 9mm ghost gun. A search of the stolen Honda turned up ammunition, burglary tools and a glass pipe.
The defendant had five open warrants for his arrest for failures to appear in court and was on probation in San Francisco at the time of the incident.
His driver’s license was also expired.

Dominguez has convictions for offenses including false imprisonment, threatening with intent to terrorize, assault and battery, and domestic violence. He was also convicted of being a felon in possession of a firearm after a virtually identical incident two years earlier.
Appearing today for sentencing at San Francisco federal courthouse Dominguez was told by U.S. District Judge Charles Breyer that, because of his good conduct over the last year, he would receive a time served sentence if he stayed out of trouble for another six months.
“If you follow the same path you’ll get a time served sentence,” said Judge Breyer, noting that he had already served nine months in local custody before being granted pre trial release when federal prosecutors took over the case and he appeared in district court.
“If you don’t follow the same path there are going to be problems.”
“I have to feel comfortable that I’m protecting the public and that’s actually my greatest concern in this case,” added the judge.
Prosecutors had invited the court to impose a 48 month prison term. Dominguez’ attorney said his client’s behavior was largely due to his abuse of methamphetamine and heroin and that he had maintained his sobriety since his latest arrest.
Dominguez will return to court on April 30 2025.

Please support our work by using this Paypal link, or the QR code above
To be notified of new stories enter your email address here or follow us on X





